- 2020-02-28 Who hosts the web I browse?#hosting#statistic#experiment
- 2020-02-18 Comments in a static world#community#comments
- 2019-10-23 Building an Android ROM with full microG support#android#microg#lineageos
- 2019-08-03 In search of a new domain name registrar#nameserver#provider#dns
- 2019-07-25 A blog? A blog!#zola#meta#joplin
I'm Jens Dieskau, a software developer, infrastructure operator, tinkerer, and wannabe designer from Germany. Before I do a handshake three times, no matter how easy and fast it is, I prefer to automate it right away. I am not afraid of new technologies and challenges. My home is the shell. My tools are ssh, vim, tmux & co. Code that is not in a git repository does not exist for me. I love and live open source software and there is hardly any technology I have not looked at already at least once. Besides programming, I have in-depth knowledge in areas like virtualization, networking (LAN & SAN) and in operating server applications of all kinds.